- Visitors & Guests - Welcome! We are glad that you are here with us! Please sign the visitor's book in the foyer on the long table.
- Fellowship Hour - Please join us today for fellowship after our 9 am service. Please sign up for future weeks.
- Upcoming Book Study - “Bible Women” - Starting Thursday May 11 through the end of June, Mo. Mag+ will lead a study based on Lindsay Hardin Freeman's Bible Women: Their words and why they matter.(Participants encouraged to purchase the book on their own). There truly are a great many “Bible Women” for us to study! Classes offered Thursday mornings from 10 - 11:15AM and on Tuesday evenings from 7 - 8:15PM. Sign-up available on the long table in the entrance hall. ALL WELCOME!
- Sala Fellowship (a.k.a “Sala”) is a monthly gathering held on the 3rd Thursday of the month. Sala evenings are hosted by a parishioner who shares their “knowing” throughout the evening. This “knowing” might be a workshop, an activity, art/music, craft, or presentation that is explored by the fellowship. Typically, refreshments are served during a “meet and greet" followed by a guided meditation and the main event coordinated by the host/hosts. Host solo or partner with a friend if you choose to co-lead a Sala evening! Sala is an all-inclusive, safe, sober, and beautiful space to feed one’s soul! Please mark your calendars for the following upcoming dates: 5/18, & 6/15, 7/20, & 8/17 at 7PM in the Parish Hall. ALL are welcome to host, and ALL are encouraged to attend! Dates already planned: 5/18: Meditation hosted Shelley Hartman and 6/15: Yoga for All hosted by Donna Cushlanis. The following dates are still looking for hosts: 7/20 & 8/17. If you have a “knowing” to share, please see Fr. Terry to sign-up for one of our upcoming dates ASAP.
- Return of Name Badges - name badges are located in the file folder in the narthex.New labels with larger font are now available on the table. Please look for your name, retrieve your label, and affix it over the current label in the protective holder. Please place a request in the collection basket/box if you need a name tag. Thank you.
- Peggy’s Pantry - Your generosity assists those in need by supporting the local food bank. The next collection will be June 18th.
- Bulletin, Candle, and Flower Offerings - There are a number of open altar flower dates coming up July 9, July 23, July 30, Sept. 17, Oct. 1, Oct. 22, And Oct. 29 If you would like to sponsor one of these dates, please speak with Winnie Gaupp or call her at (609) 965-2462. The cost is $50.00.
- Pocket Prayer Squares Ministry - Please take one from basket at back of the church for someone. Parish Prayer List - Please add name(s) to list on the table located at the back of the church behind the baptismal font.
- Ongoing Services at SMAS - Sundays at 9:00 AM. Mondays - Saturdays at 9:30 AM - Morning Prayer (Zoom) - Please contact church office for link
- Stewardship - If you have not pledged, please prayerfully consider doing so. Thank you.
“Loving God and neighbor by word and action”
Sundays at 9 AM with Music
In Person and Livestreamed on Facebook
With the decrease in new cases of Covid, the wearing of masks at SMAS is now optional for those who are vaccinated. Please, as always, do is best for your particular situation. If you are not feeling well for any reason, please stay home and join us worship online. Let us know you are under the weather, so we can keep you in our prayers!
Daily Morning Prayer (Zoom)
Mondays through Saturdays at 9:30 AM
The Office of Morning Prayer was started on Zoom when the pandemic began in March 2020. Please contact the church office for the link to Morning Prayer which is led by several participants and the clergy.
Important Groups Meeting at SMAS:
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) - Tuesdays (8PM) & Wednesdays (4:30PM)
- Boardwalk Chorus - Wednesdays (2PM)
- Easter Seals - Fridays (10:30AM - 1:30PM)
- Girl Scouts - Every Other week
- Cub Scouts (Chartered by SMAS) - one Sunday per month
Adult Christian Education
Christian Education is important for people of all ages. SMAS offers various opportunities for study of the Holy Scriptures, including daily morning prayer online as well as seasonal book studies. Additionally, SMAS Under the Stars, our movie series returned this past summer! We enjoyed fellowship time while viewing and discussing movies and supported Thistle Farms, a ministry that assists women in need due to various situations, including human trafficking, addiction, etc.
Sunday School ceased for at least two years as we experience the Covid-19 Pandemic. In 2022, after many Covid restrictions were relaxed, we began to discuss the importance of bringing back a Christian education program for our youngest followers of Jesus. A Sunday School committee was established that included parents, educations from within our parish, a Warden, and clergy. After reviewing several programs/curriculum they chose a program called Weaving God's Promises, an online resource with multiple materials. The children attend classes during our 9 am service and rejoin the adults at announcement time.
We have few students and our classes are small, we believe that the program is important for our children and we have lessons planned for most Sundays. We also pray that in building the program we may be able to, in time, attract more families and share the Good News with more children! If you are interested in being a part of this please contact the church office.
Regular Sunday Service:
- 9:00 AM - Holy Eucharist (in-person & live streamed on www.facebook.com/smasnj)
- 9:00 AM - Children’s Christian Storytime - Learning the Love of Jesus through Bible stories and crafts